Every ten years, the U.S. Census Bureau is responsible for conducting the nationwide census. While the next census itself will be taken in 2020, the Census Bureau is already recruiting to fill important positions. With the help of organizations like yours, we plan to recruit and employ thousands of Americans as Census Takers throughout the country. Since most communities are best known by the people who live and work there, you can help us—and help your community—by getting the word out about 2020 Census jobs in your community.
Why should you or your organization help the Census Bureau recruit applicants?
An accurate count is the goal of every census, the 2020 Census included. The results of the census have real-world impacts—and consequences—for communities across our country. From determining the number of seats each state has in the U.S. House of Representatives to planning for roads, schools, and hospitals, an accurate count is crucial. By helping to recruit Census Taker applicants from your community, you can help to ensure that your community is properly represented.
How can you or your organization help to get the word out about 2020 Census jobs?
You can help by doing any of the following:
- Posting information about 2020 Census jobs using your organization’s social media channels, as well as by tagging other organizations that might also be willing to share this information
- Posting information about 2020 Census jobs on your organization’s website and/or in newsletters
- Distributing promotional materials about 2020 Census jobs to your clients, customers, and/or members
- Displaying promotional materials about 2020 Census jobs in your offices and other facilities
- Allowing a Census Bureau recruiter to distribute promotional materials to your clients, customers, and/or members
- Sending an email with 2020 Census jobs information to your contacts
- Inviting a Census Recruiter to present information about 2020 Census jobs at your meetings or other gatherings, or being willing to provide 2020 Census jobs materials at those times yourself
- We are also very interested in any ideas you may have; since nobody knows your organization better than you, we look forward to working with you in what you believe will be the most effective ways
How will you know what information to distribute? Or will the Census Bureau provide the materials and messages?
We will make sure you have everything you need. To learn more about this, and to obtain materials and messaging, please visit www.census.gov/regions for information on how to contact your Regional Census Center.
Applicants are encouraged to apply online at 2020census.gov/jobs or to call the toll-free number at 1-855-JOB-2020 with questions, or to obtain more information or assistance.
Thank you for your interest in helping to promote 2020 Census jobs!
2020 Census Recruiting Team